BILGESAM announces the launch of it’s new book “Theories of Security, War, Peace and Conflict Resolution.” Edited and compiled by BILGESAM’s president Atilla Sandıklı, the book is comprised of specially chosen articles on issues within the conflict resolution field.
The book aims to contribute to the need of qualified publications in Turkish in the field of international relations. Therefore, the book modestly attempts to enrich the literature in Turkish in the security, war, peace and conflict resolution studies that already became subfields of the larger international relations.
Selected reports range from theoretically-based discussions on security, war, peace and conflict resolution approaches and perceptions, to topics that touch on the development of ethnic identity driven disputes. Following the conceptual path of securitization, the book delves into conflicts and issues ranging from the Mediterranean region, such as the Aegean Question, the Corsican Question, and the Palestinian-Israeli conflict, to the Caucasus with the unresolved Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. The book also takes a deeper internal look into Turkey’s Kurdish Opening and possible resolutions to the conflict.
Chapters within “Theories of Security, War, Peace and Conflict Resolution” include:
• “Changes and Transformation of Security Approaches” co-authored by Atilla Sandıklı and Bilgehan Emeklier
• “The Evolution of War and Theoretical Approaches” by Metin Gurcan
• “Theories of International Relations and Peace” co-authored by Atilla Sandıklı and Erdem Kaya
• “ The Role and Practices of United Nations’ within the Perception of New Security Approach” by Nihal Ergül
• “The Aegean Dispute between Turkish-Greek Relations in the light of Realist and Liberal Theories” co-authored by Atilla Sandıklı and Erdem Kaya
• “The Israeli-Palestinian Question from the Perspective of Peace Studies” by Bora Bayraktar
• “An Analysis of the Conflicts of Georgia and Nagorno-Karabakh in the light of Conflict Resolution Theories” co-authored by Reha Yilmaz and Sezai Özçelik
• “A Political-Psychological Approach to the Ethnic Identity Questions of France: The Case of Corsica” by Bilgehan Emeklier
• “Conflict Resolution Approaches and the Kurdish Question in Turkey” co-authored by Atilla Sandıklı and Erdem Kaya